Physician, Full Professor Head of the Pediatric Service
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Physician, Full Professor
Head of the Pediatric Service
Starting date: Summer 2022
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Service, made up of nearly 500 collaborators, manages on the one hand general pediatric situations, and on the other hand, those relating to fields of highly specialized medicine, mainly concerning pediatric specialists in intensive care and all organ specialties, in close collaboration and complementarity with our pediatric surgeons, cardiac surgeons, ENT surgeons, and neurosurgeons. Several research groups (biologists and physicians) work in the fields of fundamental, translational and clinical research. These activities aim to increase knowledge of developmental diseases in children, in order to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of pediatric diseases including oncology as well as the development and growth of children. The service is also very involved in the teaching of pediatrics intended for students of the FBM of UNIL, as well as for doctors in training and health professionals.
1. Directing, organizing, and ensuring the development of all the typical activities of a Clinical Service in a teaching hospital.
2. Ensure and strengthen the expertise and security of clinical missions / services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the CHUV's strategic plan.
3. Conduct and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by expert external funds and published in quality scientific journals, including own research.
4. Ensure and guarantee the teaching missions of pre-graduate (according to FBM needs), postgraduate (ISFM training center cat. A1) and continuing, in the field of pediatrics by assuming the function of discipline manager and actively participating in it.
5. Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally.
• Swiss Federal medical degree (or equivalent), MD or MD-PhD.
• ISFM specialist title (or equivalent) in pediatrics.
• Extensive clinical experience in the field of tertiary level hospital pediatrics.
• Widely recognized (or certified) managerial skills in leading a large / multi-site team and relevant experience in project management.
• Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching.
• Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by external expert funds.
• Good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Tolsa (email@example.com), Head of the Department
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by March 7th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional training and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite