Hematologist, Medicine Department - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135 th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
We are seeking a specialized candidate for the role of Hematologist. This is a NYC Care position. The duties of the Hematologist will include:
- consulting with patients with hematological disorders
- prescribing medications
- creating a robust sickle cell program
- teaching medical students and residents as well as providing consultation to other specialties.
Additionally, the Hematologist must be a good listener, who is attentive to the concerns of patients, an excellent communicator and proficient in hematological procedures.
The Hematologists will serve several purposes, including:
- To diagnose and treat blood disorders involving anomalies of the blood cells, the bone marrow, and other organs that are engaged in the synthesis of blood.
- To conduct wide-ranging research towards the prevention and the treatment of blood disorders like, anemia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia, and hemophilia.
- To educate and impart their expertise to medical residents, students, other physicians, and various medical professionals.
- The Hematologists will provide consultation in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Will help develop a robust sickle cell program and to assist in the transition of sickle cell patients from pediatrics to adult medicine.
- Will have excellent communication skills and educated in cultural sensitivity and implicit bias.
- Will be involved in scholarly activity as related to hematological conditions with special emphasis on sickle cell disease.
- Medical Degree with specialization in Hematology/Oncology.
- Completion of all three parts of the US Medical Licensing Exam.
- Completion of Fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology.
- Competency in Hematology/Oncology procedures.
- Active medical license In the State of New York.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Very good teaching skills.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Hematologist, Medicine Department - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.