The Test and Trace Corps (T2) - the City's initiative to test all New Yorkers, break chains of COVID-19 transmission in a timely fashion through contact tracing, and ensure they can isolate and quarantine safely - is pivotal as New York City continues to reopen. In close coordination with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), City agencies and City Hall, T2 is supporting citywide efforts to allow programs and services to operate amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
T2 is hiring a team of Medical Epidemiologists will be responsible for overseeing case (person diagnosed with COVID-19) and outbreak investigations and notifications of COVID-19 exposures in NYC facilities such as Child Care, Schools, Universities, Camp, House of Worship setting (i.e. Church, Synagogue, Mosque, Temple), Private Gathering, Restaurant/Bar, Work site outside the home, or other event.
Reporting to the Deputy Operations Director, Office of the Deputy Executive Director, and under the direction of DOHMH Surveillance and Epidemiology Co-Director, the Medical Epidemiologist will be responsible for:
- Triaging and overseeing investigations conducted by Facility Investigators who identify COVID-19 clusters and outbreaks in NYC facility settings such as schools, day cares, colleges and universities, workplaces, and large religious or social gatherings
- Providing medical epidemiologic expertise to DOHMH and H+H investigators identifying transmission patterns, advising the leadership of affected facilities and organizations on outbreak control for COVID-19 as well as working with them to identify contacts for testing.
- Conducting on-site investigations for more concerning COVID-19 clusters or outbreaks, as required.
- Providing infection prevention and control guidance and support based on current scientific knowledge and DOHMH policy
- Developing guidance documents, protocols and educational materials related to COVID-19 case and cluster investigations in wide range of facility types, and revising, as needed,
- Assisting with interpretation, reporting and analyzing data from outbreak and cluster investigations
- Analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
- Deliver quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity
- Communicating with facility leadership and/or concerned staff/clients as needed, including provision of written guidance, health education materials and oral/video conference presentations
- Interacting with other local, state and federal agencies to coordinate response to outbreak prevention and control in wide range of settings
- Other relevant duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGEABLE IN :
- Infectious disease and/or infection control required
- Experience with structured interviews, medical terminology, and conducting electronic medical chart reviews
- Experience working with health care providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong empathetic communication skills
- Ability to work with and supervise teams who may work remotely
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in field of practice
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York
- Flexible to travel to multiple sites as required/needed
Apply for Clinical Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.