Psychiatrist - Child & Adolescent
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
• Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations,psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
• Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may actas a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care providedacross clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership toother clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatmentplan.
• Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team to minimizerestraint and seclusion and to champion quality improvement projects.
• Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinicalinterventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified inmedical staff regulations and per regulatory requirements.
• Monitor risk indicators and take action to address riskmanagement issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitorsafety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includesconsultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members ofthe treatment team.
• Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidencebased. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trialsprior to prescribing.
• Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outsideproviders, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
• As assigned at Natchaug Hospital and Windham Hospital will providerotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultationservices during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations andholidays. Will ensure coverage has been appropriately scheduledduring own absences.
• Provide supervision to selected medical students, residents and non-physicianhealth professionals.
• Participates in Medical Staff Committees and meetings as specifiedin Medical Staff regulations.
Pleasevisit https://www.hhccareers.org/ foreven more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in ourregion.
We lookforward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
- Experience in child and adolescent inpatient and evaluationservices, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
Board Certified (or Board Eligible psychiatrist if within 5 yearsof residency)
State of CT, Department of Public Health medical license; DEA;CCSR
Other: Computer and keyboarding skills required.
Apply for Psychiatrist - Child & Adolescent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.