Under the supervision of the Unit Chief, the Attending Psychiatrist is responsible for all medical and psychiatric care given to patients on his/ her treatment team.
The Attending Psychiatrist works 35 hours per week.
I. Patient Care:
- Has the ultimate clinical and legal responsibility for the care and treatment of all patients assigned to his/her team.
a. Provide direct patient care throughout the patient's hospitalization including
individual and group therapy.
b. Reviews and adjusts medications.
c. Requests laboratory work-up and consultations.
d. Reviews and revises treatment goals and plans at least once a week
- All care provided by the Attending Psychiatrist will be documented in a comprehensive progress note, written daily during the first 5 days of hospitalization and three times a week thereafter.
- The Attending Psychiatrist will work with the patient/ patient's family and the multidisciplinary team on discharge and aftercare plans.
- Is available to all members of the staff for consultations and counseling. He/ She will serve as an arbitrator in cases of disagreement on patient management when the Unit Chief is not available.
II. Teaching Responsibilities:
The Attending Psychiatrist will participate as a resident(s) supervisor.
- Instruct and supervise resident's formulation of a patient's treatment plan, medication regimen, as well as discharge/aftercare plans.
- Closely supervise resident's progress notes, ensuring the adequate frequency of quality of the notes. He/ She will countersign the notes when acceptable.
The Attending Psychiatrist will participate in teaching an academic course to residents and/ or medical students. Attends Grand Rounds and participates as a discussant in Case Conferences.
The Attending Psychiatrist has a license to practice Medicine and Surgery in the State of New York and have completed and graduated from an accredited psychiatric residency program. Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible.
Apply for Attending Physician-Psychiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.