ACADEMIC TRANSPLANT NEPHROLOGIST
Practice Academic Medicine with Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in the Sun and Recreation Corridor of Arizona at Banner University Medical Center - Tucson (BUMC-T)
The Division of Nephrology at the University of Arizona is recruiting a Clinical Transplant Nephrologist at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level. The selected candidate will be part of a growing team of committed academic physicians serving the expanding population of Southern Arizona. Will attend inpatient transplant nephrology consult services as well as outpatient care of patients with chronic/acute kidney disease. In addition, there will be opportunities to participate in the rapid expansion of our transplant program affiliated with Banner University Medical Center-Tucson. There is also ample opportunity for academic growth, development, and mentorship. The candidate selected will receive a non-tenured faculty appointment to the University of Arizona commensurate with their credentials. Competitive packages will be available for the appropriate candidate.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Nephrology
- Successful completion of a Nephrology Fellowship
- Training/experience with Renal Biopsy, Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Dialysis Catheters, Transplant
- Desire and ability to participate in clinical research, teaching, publications
Work Schedule / Call:
- 3-4 Clinics per week plus 6 months as the attending on service
- Inpatient Rounding: 25-30 patients/average
- Outpatient Clinic: 12 patients/average (Open clinic environment)
- Weekend/night call: 1:4-5 (shared equally)
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
- University town with a small-town feel and large town culture and entertainment
- Warm sunny climate year-round
- Moderate cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with a vibrant, newly renovated downtown
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org, For questions, please call Tara Waltz, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-8203 Visit our website: www.bannerdocs.com
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for ACADEMIC TRANSPLANT NEPHROLOGIST
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.