Section Chief - Psychiatry Adult Outpatient -Lincoln
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
Reporting directly to the Director of Psychiatric Hospital Services, this position will oversee all clinical and administrative activities within the PES including the delivery of high quality and efficient patient care.
- Direct supervision of attending psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and psychiatric PA staff
- Providing a minimum of 30 clinical hours per week of patient care and consults in accordance with PAGNY.
- Lincoln Hospital and genereally accepted medical practices and the teaching, rounding and mentoring of clinical research projects with residents and medical students as may be required.
- Maintain day to day responsibility for the operational needs of the Adult Outpatient Pychiatric Service & assist in the overall direction and strategic planning of the department of Pyschiatry as may be required.
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, evidence-based care and directly working with leaders in the other areas of the department including both in-patient and ambulatory programs, as well as the Emergency Medicine department
- Assuming an important role in Patient Safety and Clinical Effectiveness
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education including active participation in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA students, psychology interns and Social Work students
- Incident review management and participation in departmental IR meetings
- Reviewing/revising guidelines for standards of care that meets the DOH, CMS, Joint Commission and OMH standards and regulations
- Providing leadership for all tours
- All other duties as required by the department.
- NYS Medical License
- Maintain American Board of Medical Speciality (ABMS)
- Recognized certification in Psychiatry
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joseph Mastov, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Section Chief - Psychiatry Adult Outpatient -Lincoln
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.