Attending Physician-Psychiatry Emergency Services - PES - Lincoln Hospital
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
Under the supervision of the Unit Chief, the Attending Psychiatrist is responsible for all medical and psychiatric care given to patients on his/ her treatment team.
The Attending Psychiatrist works 40 hours per week.
I. Patient Care:
- Has the ultimate clinical and legal responsibility for the care and treatment of all patients assigned to his/her team.
a. Provide direct patient care throughout the patient's hospitalization including
individual and group therapy.
b. Reviews and adjusts medications.
c. Requests laboratory work-up and consultations.
d. Reviews and revises treatment goals and plans at least once a week
- All care provided by the Attending Psychiatrist will be documented in a comprehensive progress note, written daily during the first 5 days of hospitalization and three times a week thereafter.
- The Attending Psychiatrist will work with the patient/ patient's family and the multidisciplinary team on discharge and aftercare plans.
- Is available to all members of the staff for consultations and counseling. He/ She will serve as an arbitrator in cases of disagreement on patient management when the Unit Chief is not available.
II. Teaching Responsibilities:
The Attending Psychiatrist will participate as a resident(s) supervisor.
- Instruct and supervise resident's formulation of a patient's treatment plan, medication regimen, as well as discharge/aftercare plans.
- Closely supervise resident's progress notes, ensuring the adequate frequency of quality of the notes. He/ She will countersign the notes when acceptable.
The Attending Psychiatrist will participate in teaching an academic course to residents and/ or medical students. Attends Grand Rounds and participates as a discussant in Case Conferences.
The Attending Psychiatrist has a license to practice Medicine in the State of New York and have completed and graduated from an accredited psychiatric residency program.
Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible.
Maintain American Board of Medical Specialty (ABMS)
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joseph Mastov, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician-Psychiatry Emergency Services - PES - Lincoln Hospital
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.