Interventional Radiology Site Supervisor
Under the direction of the Imaging Director the Site Supervisor is accountable for the effective ongoing day to day operations of the Diagnostic Imaging Site and Interventional Radiology services. Maintains a high standard of patient care and staff performance across all shifts and all modalities. Establishes policies and procedures to provide administrative direction and develops and maintains a positive work environment.
Essential Job functions:
Site Operations (55%)
- Evaluates current processes to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives
- Plans, organizes, develops, implements and interprets the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc. necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation
- Accountable for all operational aspects of running the site including Interventional Radiology services performed within the site.
- Responsible for staff management, budget management, maintaining relationships with referring offices and ongoing customer service issues.
- Responsible for meeting quality and financial goals for the center.
- Monitor performance and profitability of services offered at the center and communicates in a timely manner to management if there are any issues that impact the operation.
- Develops and manages the budget for the center(s) and makes responsible financial decisions for the centers
- Manages accounts payable, payroll and associate timecards
- Manages and trains staff on cash collection process at the center level
- Works closely with billing
- Assists Director of Operations in making responsible financial decisions for the centers by partnering with local management to meet or exceed financials goals
- Monitors performance and profitability of services offered
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to management and staff regarding center performance, staff performance, events, issues, etc.
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with payors, referring offices, patients, staff, and the Radiologists
- Interfaces with Medical Director, VP of Imaging, Director of Imaging and all technical, nursing and administrative staff to ensure effective teamwork and efficient center operations
- Administers quality programs and meets or exceeds key quality and productivity measures in patient service, customer (referral) service, clinical programs, administrative functions, and service recovery
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, technologists, radiologists and any other center associates with the assistance of the center safety coordinator
- Responsible for securing and maintaining ACR accreditation and overseeing ACR toolbox
- Assists local management and sales team in maintaining relationships with outside referring physician offices via personal visits and/or ensuring highest quality of customer service functions
- Attends and provides input to monthly staff meetings and training sessions and ensures site team members are well informed of company changes and imaging operations
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of and following applicable state laws regarding radiation safety and government licensing
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA guidelines
Staff Management (40%)
- Leads regular staff meetings and team member one-on-one discussions. Regularly meets with Service Line Chief, Director of Imaging and Interventional Radiologists to discuss operational strategies as well as initiatives
- Participates in staff performance evaluations, and development of team members including performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and/or termination of associates
- Oversees and assists in training of new associates and supervisors within both general and interventional radiology, providing resource and technical expertise. Directly monitors and performs schedule optimization to ensure prompt access to care and procedures within the site.
- Trains staff on cash collections as well as the billing processes related to Interventional Radiology within the site.
- Supports and conducts training efforts for continuing education for the technologists and nurses
- Ensures all technologists are compliant with CEU credits, in good standing with appropriate registries, updated with CPR credits, etc.
- Oversees and collaborates with modality Leads, Chief Techs, Physics and Radiologists to create and maintain up-to-date protocol manuals for all modalities
- Maintains staff retention by implementing effective retention strategies
- Ensures appropriate physician & nursing coverage within the site for all contrast and sedation studies as well Interventional procedures.
- Performs functions of technologist or front office as needed and as qualified
- Implements strategies to promote teamwork within the center and with other associates including management and radiologists
- Works closely with SMG marketing as well as site Liaison to continuously build new business within the Interventional and general modalities. Creates opportunities for engagement and collaboration in order to drive new business and meet the needs of the current referral base. Works with Interventional Chief to arrange educational seminars, physician lecture dates and updates to the IR website.
- Oversight responsibility for facilitating and regularly updating authorization of provider clinical privileges for all procedures performed in the IR suite, as well as Breast Interventional procedures performed by Radiologists.
Complete other tasks and projects as assigned (5%)
- Order and maintain supply inventory for the entire Imaging Site.
- Maintains and distributes Radiologist call schedule for both general as well as Interventional Radiology.
- Works directly with SMG Revenue Cycle as well as Authorization teams to ensure accurate and timely billing of procedures as well as monitoring of exam precertification for both general and Interventional procedures. Responsible for overseeing and collection of physician hospital billing documentation to ensure timely submission of claims.
- Reports and communicates coordinating repairs or service to all medical equipment within the site to ensure maximum uptime and access to care for patients.
- Communicate with Imaging Director and Radiologists regarding overall site issues
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support Summit Medical Groups vision, mission and values. Comply with policies,
procedures and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements
- Must be ARRT registered and in good standing. Must be NJ licensed Radiologic Technologist with advanced registry in Interventional Radiology as well as CT and/or MRI certification.
- Minimum 3+ years leadership experience required within a healthcare setting.
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to safe practices while abiding by all State, OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Advanced computer skills including email, excel, Microsoft applications and ability to comprehend and utilize Electronic Medical Record System, RIS and PACS Systems.
- General knowledge and use of modality equipment and general office equipment required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- May be required to travel to additional SMG imaging locations as needed.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for Interventional Radiology Site Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.