Academic Pediatric Endocrinology Opportunity at Children’s Hospital of Michigan
The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology at Children’s Hospital of Michigan is actively seeking an additional Pediatric Endocrinologist to join them as they continue to expand to better fulfill the endocrine needs of the children and adolescents throughout the Metro Detroit area.
About the Division:
The Division is comprised of seven Pediatric Endocrinologists, diabetes nurse educators, endocrine nurses, dietitians, and social workers. Together they take a team approach to providing the highest quality of care to each and every patient. The Division frequently works closely with other divisions and teams including Neurosurgical, Cardiovascular, and General Surgical teams; as well as Nephrology, Pulmonary, Hematology/Oncology, Immunology, and Gastroenterology.
Highlights about our opportunity:
- Full-time, employed position that combines both academic and clinical responsibilities
- Physicians are responsible for seeing patients in both inpatient and outpatient clinic settings along with other division members
- Minimum six half-day clinics per week
- Call schedule is shared with other division members and is a minimum of 1 in 6; weekend and holiday call is also divided with the other members
- This position includes a faculty appointment as CHM is the training facility for one of the largest pediatric residency programs in the country along with other pediatric subspecialties and fellowship programs
- MD or DO
- Must be BE/BC with fellowship training in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Eligible to obtain licensure in the State of Michigan
- An interest in medical education and academics is highly preferred
About Children’s Hospital of Michigan:
Founded in 1886, Children’s Hospital of Michigan has existed for one reason and one reason alone – to improve the health and well-being of children by providing specialized care and expertise for all their unique healthcare needs. A proud member of the Detroit Medical Center (DMC), CHM is ranked one of the best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Children’s Hospital of Michigan is also home to a freestanding Level I Pediatric Trauma Center (verified by the American College of Surgeons) as well as one of the nation’s few Pediatric Burn Centers (verified by the American Burn Association).
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration.
Senior Physician Sourcing Specialist
Phone: 469-418-4590 (Text OK)
*Unfortunately, this employer is ineligible to sponsor J-1 Visa waivers at this time.
All inquiries and personal information are kept confidential.
Apply for Academic Pediatric Endocrinology Opportunity at Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.