Employed Pediatric Nephrology Opportunity with Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Children’s Hospital of Michigan and University Pediatricians are actively seeking an additional Pediatric Nephrologist to join their esteemed program in Detroit, MI. The Nephrology program at Children’s Hospital of Michigan is ranked among America’s best in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-2021 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings and has ranked in the top 50 programs in the nation for the past 10 years.
- Full-time, employed position with academic/teaching opportunities
- 80% Clinical and 20% teaching and administrative time
- Inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Beeper call while on inpatient service (will also cover all transplant calls)
- Precepting of medical students, Pediatric residents, and Pediatric Nephrology fellows
- Opportunities to participate and mentor in clinical and academic research, educational and quality improvement projects as well as collaboration with researchers through affiliated universities
- Access to over 30 Pediatric sub-specialties
About the Division:
The Division of Pediatric Nephrology is currently comprised of six physicians, dedicated clinic and dialysis nurses, pharmacists, a dietitian, transplant coordinators, and social workers. The program also offers ACGME accredited fellowship training in Pediatric Nephrology.
The service has an inpatient unit, an advanced in-center hemodialysis unit with private child-friendly stations, and at-home peritoneal dialysis for both acute and chronic kidney disease; and offices for outpatient consultation and follow-up. For children with chronic kidney disease, multidisciplinary patient care is provided with the help of highly trained physicians and a very comprehensive support staff.
The Pediatric Nephrologists on the medical staff provide 24-hour service for inpatients, and emergency telephone consultations from community hospitals, practitioners, and chronic renal patients. The Pediatric specialists provide care for thousands of children year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan-Troy, and six ambulatory sites.
- MD or DO required
- Board certification or board eligibility in Pediatric Nephrology
- An interest and/or experience in Critical Care Nephrology and research desired
- Ability to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration. Please contact Melanie Yenchai for more information.
Senior Physician Sourcing Specialist
Phone: 469-418-4590 (text OK)
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.
Apply for Employed Pediatric Nephrology Opportunity with Children’s Hospital of Michigan
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.