Urology, Specialist Physician (Clinical Associate)
- This is a physician position and is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illness for patients within the Surgical Subspecialties Institute - Urology specialty at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Under the supervision and guidance of the Consultant Physician, this position treats patients directly and/or may make referrals to different members of the health care professional team at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is seeking an experienced and highly motivated urologist with expertise in medical and surgical management of erectile dysfunction including prosthetic surgery. Fellowship experience appreciated but not required.Applicant must have experience with management of Peyroines disease, medical and surgical management of erectile dysfunction and be passionate regarding Men's health issues
Under the supervision, guidance and approval of a Consultant Physician:
- Monitors and provides care to patient at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Prescribes or administers medication, therapy and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Analyzes records, reports and test results to diagnose patient's medical condition
- Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient
- Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions
- Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient's condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and possible referral to another member of the health care professional team
- Liaises with other medical and non-medical staff at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi to ensure quality patient treatment
- Performs surgical procedures and operations as appropriate
- Supplies and provides care in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Takes part in administrative functions that ensure the continued operations of the clinical environment, such as committees and performance improvement measures.
- Follows ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Provides hospital on-call inpatient coverage as deemed necessary
- Adheres to individual approved clinical privileges as well as to all policies and procedures of the Physician Staff
Experience requirements are set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi bylaws.
To view the Professional Qualification Requirements set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi, please visit http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/tabid/927/Default.aspx
For physicians with Tier 1 or Tier 2 qualifications, no additional experience is required post-qualification in the specialty field.
For physicians with Tier 3 qualifications, a minimum of three years clinical experience post-qualification as a Specialist in an international accredited institute is required. For UAE nationals, a minimum of one year experience post-qualification in the specialty field is required.
Ability to speak and write English is required; ability to speak and write Arabic is preferred.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is located on Al Maryah Island, the heart of Abu Dhabi's new central business district. It shares the island with a hotel, stock exchange, and office buildings. Access to the island is by multiple bridges to the mainland. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model of care, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. One of the objectives of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is to address the needs of patients currently traveling abroad for treatment. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a physician-led medical facility, served by Western-trained, North American board-certified (or equivalent) physicians. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi offers the most advanced tertiary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. Local and international patients are cared for in an environment that combines excellent amenities and service standards with the highest quality patient care and superior clinical outcomes. The hospital is designed to offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities, and to utilize advanced technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine, and electronic medical records.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is one of a number of initiatives led by Mubadala Healthcare.
For information about Mubadala Healthcare, click here.
Estimated Service Area
This strategically located multi-specialty tertiary care facility with adjacent clinic houses five clinic floors, three diagnostic and treatment levels, and thirteen floors of critical and acute inpatient units totaling 364 beds (expandable to 490). Additional space has been incorporated for operational and support departments, retailers, a conference center, and a high-fidelity clinical simulation center. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi hosts the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine, and electronic medical records, integrating systems in a manner that is first of its kind in the country and the Middle East healthcare region. State-of-the-art imaging equipment like CTs, MRIs, and procedural suites, along with technologically advanced and modern patient rooms, serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Number of Beds
364 beds (expandable to 490)
Information about Abu Dhabi:
Visit Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
Any application submitted without a CV will not be considered.
Please be advised that all information entered in your application will only be shared with Cleveland Clinic and will not be distributed to third parties.