Chairman, Oncology Service Line
St. Luke’s University Health Network is currently accepting applications for the position of Chairman, Oncology Service Line.
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system and a Truven Top 100 Hospital is seeking an experienced and collaborative Chairman for our Oncology Service Line. You will be asked to provide strategic vision, leadership, and accountability for all aspects of the Oncology Service Line, including quality and clinical effectiveness.
We’re looking for a Chairman who demonstrates exemplary and compassionate clinical skills and will build upon a growing and dynamic department that is active in clinical practice within multiple hospitals and outpatient sites throughout the Network. You should have an aptitude for mentoring and staff development, with the ability to develop trust and work cooperatively in a diverse environment. You’ll be given the latitude and support you need to succeed!
Candidates must be Board-Certified in their sub-specialty and be able to demonstrate clinical, administrative, and educational leadership. In addition, candidates must have:
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical experience
- Medical Oncology subspecialty preferred, but not required
- At least 5 years in a well-developed leadership role, with a proven track record
Oncology Service Line Highlights
- The St. Luke’s Oncology department has a long-standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our department consists of 26 physicians and 13 advanced practitioners. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
- St. Luke’s currently provides infusion services at 9 locations and radiation therapy at 4 locations.
- Busy Oncology program with close to 5,000 analytic cancer cases per year and over 45,000 outpatient visits annually.
- Planned rollout of Gynecologic Oncology and Hematology/Oncology fellowship programming.
- Dedicated Oncology Clinical Trials team.
- Recently, St. Luke’s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke’s Cancer center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- SLUHN Thoracic Surgery was one of only 12 programs in the US to receive a 3-Star Rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Our team offers the right team of experts, personalized cancer treatment plans, superior radiation therapy technology, and the best clinical trials. At St. Luke’s, our cancer patients benefit from all of that, plus an unparalleled level of support and compassion.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- The opportunity to lead a progressive, well-trained team of physicians
- Work in an academic environment with faculty appointment to Temple University School of Medicine
- Exceptional compensation package with relocation assistance
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health insurance, CME allowance, and retirement benefits
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill, and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency, and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling, and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information about the Lehigh Valley, please visit :www.discoverlehighvalley.com
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your CV to:
Drea Rosko, Sr. Physician Recruiter
Apply for Chairman, Oncology Service Line
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.