Psychiatrist - Per Diem
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
On-Call Opportunities available for Psychiatrists
Provide psychiatric services for adult, adolescent and child clients on in-patient units, and for the partial hospitalization programs.
- Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
- Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines. In this role, the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist will provide guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
- Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations.
- Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
- Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
- Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
- As assigned at Natchaug Hospital, Windham Community Memorial Hospital and/or United Services will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Will ensure coverage has been appropriately scheduled during own absences.
- Provide supervision to selected non-physician health professionals.
- Participates in Medical Staff Committees and meetings as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
Please visit https://www.hhccareers.org/ for even more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in our region.
We look forward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
- Experience in adult, adolescent or child in-patient and evaluation services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible psychiatrist.
- State of CT, Department of Public Health license; DEA; CCSR
Apply for Psychiatrist - Per Diem
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.