Provider Position in Abingdon, VA
Crossroads Treatment Centers
Interested in being part of the solution to an ever-growing Opioid epidemic across the United States? Crossroads Treatment Centers is a leading provider of Medication-Assisted Treatment services. Our treatment and recovery process for all patients include Assessments, individualized treatment planning, counseling, physician-directed medical care, treatment medication, and coordination with other community resources.
We're seeking a Part-time Provider (MD, DO) to join our clinic in the Abingdon, VA area. The ideal candidate would have the knowledge and skills to provide prevention, screening, intervention, and treatment related to substance use disorders.
We offer flexible schedules and very competitive pay. Our Providers must be licensed to practice in the state they practice. Experience with substance use disorder treatment is preferred.
The Providers’ performance will be rated satisfactory when the employee accomplishes these functions thoroughly and consistently:
- Models appropriate physical and emotional boundaries with clients and co-workers.
- Prescribe appropriate medications and treatments as indicated by patient assessment.
- Coordinate care with ancillary healthcare providers and making referrals when appropriate.
- Keep updated on current drug abuse and treatment information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a treatment plan.
- Monitor patients continuously and maintains a safe, protective environment for the patients.
- Completes Medical documentation according to Crossroads standards.
- Documents any incidents or unusual occurrences per policy and procedure.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State.
- Hold a basic understanding of drug/alcohol abuse and addiction.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Assess patients through a history and physical examination and the diagnosis of opioid use disorder.
- Buprenorphine products are prescribed frequently in dealing with the opioid use disorder of the patient.
- DEA# and DEAX#.