Hematology & Oncology Physician | American Health Network - Indianapolis, IN (888291)
As a part of the OptumCare network, American Health Network is seeking a Hematology/Oncology Physician to join our growing team in Indiana. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Order, perform and interpret tests and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients' condition
- Collect, record and maintain patient information such as medical history, family medical history, reports and examination results
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress through scheduling regular follow-up visits, lab or other test results
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with the patient
- Advise patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene and disease prevention
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioners as necessary
- Coordinates work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation specialist, pharmacists, psychologist, and other health care providers
- Directs and coordinates activities of clinical staff involved in the patients' care along with the cooperation and input of practice management
- Provides professional services to current patients of the practice, or to those who are referred to the practice
- Coordinates with physician partners to provide "on call" coverage as needed. Provides coverage during evenings, weekends, holidays and vacations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of Indiana or has Indiana application in process
- Board Certification or board eligibility in Hematology and/or Oncology
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
American Health Network is a physician led network of more 70 practice locations are creating exceptional health outcomes and impact for communities in Indiana and Ohio. Our physician leadership has shaped a culture that features empowered management, high levels of teamwork and partnership and robust recognition; all with the aim of providing the highest quality of care and service.
Opportunities with American Health Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We're a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We're also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That's an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Hematology & Oncology Physician | American Health Network - Indianapolis, IN (888291)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.