IU Health - Psychiatrist - On-Site Virtual Care Psychiatry (Outpatient Clinic)
- Join the virtual care clinic located in Indianapolis with the possibility of working remote in the future.
- Monday-Friday varying schedule (primarily 10 hr days), weekend rotations, very limited call, every other week off!
- Provide a full range of virtual care psychiatric services to assigned patients via live video and phone including assessment, screening, diagnosis and treatment of patients with behavioral and addiction disorders.
- Provide inpatient consults and treatment plans
- Virtual care consults; 80% outpatient, 20% inpatient
- Opportunity for leadership responsibilities and help shape the practice
- Virtual care experience or a passion for virtual care work, preferred
- Residency training in Psychiatry
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Psychiatry
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health.
Indiana University Health is the largest health system in Indiana and among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. IU Health has a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools. As an academic health system, IU Health works with IUSM to train physicians, blending breakthrough research and treatments with the highest quality of patient care. Its strategic service lines, cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades.
IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond with significant success across multiple clinical programs resulting in national recognition:
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation's largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana's only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health's flagship hospitals are all preeminent, state-of-the-art hospitals with long distinguished histories. They serve as the academic health center and provide nationally recongized clinical care to patients across Indiana and beyond.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, 16 urban, suburban and rural hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. With close ties to the Indiana University School of Medicine, more than half of the school's physicians practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
Indiana University Health is designated as a Magnet® hospital system by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing excellence in nursing care at six hospitals. The designation is the gold standard for nursing excellence and the highest national honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, patients and families know that they're making the right choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health's unique partnership with the nation's second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, including 3 adult specialties in the top 50, 5 specialties rated as high performing, and six procedures rated as high performing
- Indiana University Health's Academic Health Center in Indianapolis is U.S. News & World Report's top-ranked hospital in Indiana
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S.News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for IU Health - Psychiatrist - On-Site Virtual Care Psychiatry (Outpatient Clinic)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.