Medical Director - Cancer Services
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical, and business professionals across all disciplines. Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health (PMPH) seeks a physician leader to direct the strategic growth, development, and implementation of PMPH’s multidisciplinary cancer center and clinical programs.
The Medical Director is responsible for executing the strategic vision and plan to establish a comprehensive cancer center in the Princeton, NJ community and to grow advanced cancer care services in collaboration with the Abramson Cancer Center.
The successful candidate shall be both a practicing physician and an established leader with a progressive history of growing cancer programs within health systems. Leadership effort will be devoted to programmatic development of the comprehensive cancer program including the recruitment of medical and surgical specialists, development of a seamless access and multidisciplinary care coordination models, fostering patient-centered, multidisciplinary clinical collaborations, and the design and implementation of new/expanded cancer facilities. This individual will work in collaboration with the Penn Medicine administrative and medical leadership teams both locally and at the system level. It is expected that the physician will have a minimum of 40% effort devoted to patient care.
Interested candidates can e-mail CV and cover letter to Courtney Earp, Physician Recruiter, at: Courtney.Earp@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
- MD or DO Fellowship/Residency trained in Medical, Surgical or Radiation Oncology
- Experience in physician leadership or administrative/executive role within a multidisciplinary cancer program
- Documented interest and experience in oncology education and research
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of hospital personnel and physicians and the general public
- Significant hospital-based oncology experience
- Health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- Experience in academic/community medicine and programmatic development of an integrated cancer care delivery model
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
To apply, visit:
Search for Job ID #87631.
Live Your Life's Work
All employees are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless granted a medical or religious exemption. Princeton Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V.