Academic Palliative Care Attending Physician
The Division of General Internal Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) is seeking an outstanding physician educator to join the Palliative Medicine Unit. We are looking for candidates that are excited to be part of a growing and dynamic interdisciplinary team in a thriving academic medical center. This is a full-time clinical faculty position with an academic appointment.
The Palliative Medicine Consultative Service started at BU in 2007. The team is comprised of: MDs, NPs, Social Worker, Chaplain, and Program Manager.
Specific responsibilities as follows:
- 180 Clinical days providing palliative care consultative services predominantly in the inpatient setting, with anticipated expansion to the outpatient setting.
- Invested in working with the underserved population; passionate about Boston Medical Center’s mission to provide exceptional care, without exception.
- Ongoing education about palliative care principles across the institution.
- Interest in quality improvement initiatives and research; grant writing experience preferred.
- Board certified or eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine.
- Experience practicing palliative medicine in an academic institution preferred.
- Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board.
Please forward CV and cover letter to Sandhya Rao, MD, Director of Palliative Medicine Unit, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Academic Palliative Care Attending Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.