Internal Medicine Physician – Clinician Educator IM Teaching Program
California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) Department of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program and Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) has an exceptional opportunity for a board-certified internal medicine physician to serve as a clinical educator for the ambulatory teaching program located at CPMC.
The successful candidate will serve as faculty member and clinician at the CPMC Internal Medicine Residency Program ambulatory clinic. The clinic provides ambulatory training for 42 categorical residents. The ambulatory faculty and educational outpatient program consistently rank among the residency’s best training experience.
The combined resident-faculty practice serves a panel of patients representing the diverse population of San Francisco. The ambulatory care clinic uses the EPIC electronic medical record with a team-based model of care including medical assistants, patient service representatives, triage nurse, and part-time social worker. Educational innovation and a collaborative work environment are a high priority.
- Supervise and mentor internal medicine residents during their ambulatory clinical assignments
- Provide longitudinal medical care for a diverse panel of patients
- Provide formal and informal teaching sessions, supervision, and evaluation/mentoring of residents
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school and internal medicine residency program
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in teaching and primary care, experience in quality improvement, evidence-based medicine, and women’s health. Geriatric interest in highly desirable
- Maintains a valid, unrestricted medical license to practice in California
- ABIM board certification in Internal Medicine and participation in MOC
Sutter West Bay Medical Group
We are a multispecialty physician-owned medical group with 180+ physicians in over 25+ specialties in practices located throughout San Francisco. SWBMG is affiliated with Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, a not-for-profit health care organization providing operational and administrative support, including the latest technology, allowing physicians to focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous benefits and retirement package
- CME allowance for professional development including an opportunity for a clinical faculty appointment at UCSF
- Relocation allowance available for moves greater than 50 miles
Apply for Internal Medicine Physician – Clinician Educator IM Teaching Program
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.