This position is located at Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Killeen, Texas.
- Provide examination, diagnosis, and treatment by surgical and conservative means for diseases and injuries of the eye.
- Provides refractive laser surgery using Excimer and Femptosecond laser systems organic to the organization.
- Responsible for the evaluation, work-up and preparation of ophthalmology patients for Surgery.
- Perform general ophthalmologist duties as directed by the Chief, Ophthalmology Service.
- Prepare and maintain outpatient, inpatient and operative reports in accordance with service and hospital SOPs.
- Document in both paper and Electronic Medical Records.
- Provides on-call coverage as assigned
- Monitors the maintenance of opthalmic equipmentand instruments
- Attend monthly Dept of Surgery provider meetings
Basic Requirement for Physician (Ophthalmology):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience/Training for GP-14 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Ophthalmology) and equivalent experience and training
Apply for Physician (Ophthalmology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.