SMG is seeking a Social Work Care Manager with significant utilization management experience to join a care management team focused on assisting patients with identifying the next best site of care, reducing inpatient stays, and facilitating safe transitions of care. This Social Work Care Manager will partner with patients, families and the care team to improve patient experience and outcomes for SMG patients admitted to acute care and subacute facilities. Responsibilities may include development of care plans, participation in utilization review rounds, collaboration with external agencies, case conferences, and other appropriate social work interventions aimed at efficient utilization of health care services. Primary locations will be in northern NJ including Passaic and Bergen counties and the candidate must be willing to travel.
General Job functions:
- Provides interventions and coordination of social services to identified patients (primarily geriatric) with complex health and social needs, in collaboration with physicians and other care team members
- Strives to promote patient wellness, improved quality outcomes, efficient utilization of health services, and appropriate social work interventions for patients and caregivers.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Education: Master of Social Work, Psychology or Related Discipline.
- Experience: Three years of Geriatric Care Management experience (such as Global Options or MLTSS) AND behavioral health background (mental health, substance disorders, crisis management).
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience documenting in electronic medical record.
- LCSW preferred. Case Management Certification (CCM) preferred
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for Social Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.