CPEP Child Psychiatrist
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi , located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
We are currently accepting applications for a CPEP Child Psychiatrist.
Our Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) is a state of the art emergency psychiatry service. The CPEP provides a spectrum of multidisciplinary services designed to meet the needs of our diverse clientele in the most effective and least restrictive manner possible. Our 11,000 square-foot modern service includes separate pediatric and adult waiting areas, patient interview rooms, a patient holding area, and six extended observation beds. The Jacobi CPEP has approximately 700 registrations per month, of which over 200 are children. We also have an embedded Mobile Crisis Team that makes up to 75 visits per month.
The successful candidate will not only provide safe, comprehensive clinical care, but will have the opportunity to lead our robust Child Crisis Team, based in our CPEP. They will also have an opportunity to develop and oversee the clinical and administrative activities of a Child Telepsychiatry Service.
- Directly and indirectly supervising psychiatrists and psychiatric PA staff with Child cases
- Participating in the management of complex cases in an administrative and consultative role
- Maintaining a good working relationship with services both within and outside of the department of psychiatry to ensure high-quality care for patients who present to the CPEP
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education, including actively participating in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA Students, NP Students, and Addiction Fellows
- Working collaborately with the Medical and Pediatric Emergency Departments
Eligible for medical licensure and DEA licensure in the state of New York
ABPN certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Psychiatric ER or CPEP experience
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com
Apply for CPEP Child Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.