Director of Hepatology Service
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
The Director of Hepatology is in charge of overseeing and running the outpatient liver clinic and inpatient liver consultation service
Provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care for patients with chronic liver disease (including but not limited to cirrhoris, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, alcoholic hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary birrhosis, and primary sclerosing cholangitis); acute liver failure, and liver enzyme abnormalities.
Provide comprehensive care for inpatients and outpatients with gastrointestinal problems
Perform diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures (including upper endoscopy, colonscopy, and push enteroscopy)
Supervise and mentor gastroenterology fellows and medicine residents assigned to the gastroenterology and hepatology service
Provide weekend and evening call coverage for gastroenterology services at H+H/Kings County and SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Gastroenterology
- Current NYS license (or the ability to obtain one)
- Ability to speak Spanish highly desired
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
Visa candidates are considered
Apply for Director of Hepatology Service
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.