Whatley Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Family Physician to join our growing healthcare team.
Whatley is a private, non-profit community health center whose mission is to provide primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of West Alabama. Headquartered in West Tuscaloosa, Whatley has 12 locations throughout seven counties.
The Family Physician will be responsible for accurately identifying and diagnosing medical conditions. Additional duties include (but not limited to):
- Counsel patients on their medical condition
- Assign an appropriate treatment plan according to the patient’s needs
- Educate patients on preventative health measures
- Perform clinical tests; order diagnostic tests and lab work as needed
- Analyze and share results of diagnostic tests with patient
- Refer patients to medical specialist as needed
- Conduct follow-ups to monitor/track condition and progress
Qualifications - Education, Training, Experience, and other Requirements:
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and a current license to practice medicine in the State of Alabama.
- Must have completed residency for board eligibility, board certification is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of principles of practice, management is preferred.
- Must have the ability to care for people throughout the adult life cycle.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must give the same level of importance to health maintenance and disease prevention as cure and restoration.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Contact Aretha Thomas, Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: (205) 614-6147.
Apply for Family Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.