Chief Medical Officer
Whatley Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Chief Medical Officer to join our growing healthcare team.
Whatley is a private, non-profit community health center whose mission is to provide primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of West Alabama. Headquartered in West Tuscaloosa, Whatley has 12 locations throughout 7 counties.
The CMO will be responsible for directing all preventive, diagnostic, treatment, and referral care rendered by health care providers working under the auspices of the corporation. Responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Management program and other standards of certifications. Supervises Physicians, Director of Pediatrics, Dental Director, and Mid-Level Providers of the organization.
Qualifications – Education, Training, Experience, and other Requirements:
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency and be board certified.
- Must have license to practice in the State of Alabama or eligible.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Must view the administrative role as important as clinical; at least three years of medical administration experience is preferred.
- Must be zealous about prevention.
- Must obtain hospital privileges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as principal clinician, and general manager for the medical department.
- Establishes health care standards and protocols for each service in the Health Care Plan.
- Assures performance improvement of clinical programs, including Quality Management.
- Reports to the CEO and to the Governing Board on the Health Center’s clinical programs.
- Must be willing to serve as a supervisor or collaborating physician as assigned.
- Implements Federal initiatives related to patient care.
- Participates in budget development and in the financial management decisions related to clinical activities.
- Reviews and revises formulary in congruence with medical protocols.
- Serves as supervisor of provider staff to include performance evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the privileging process of providers and review of the credentialing process.
- Submit reports on the Center’s clinical activities and explains or interprets the community health needs and other issues that may affect the Center’s clinical program.
- Will be assigned to clinical duties and responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Contact Aretha Thomas, Director of HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: (205) 614-6147.
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.