Physician, Full or Associate Professor
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Starting date: Summer 2021 Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Leenaards Memory Center supports patients with impaired memory and other intellectual functions. This multidisciplinary center brings together the skills of high-level specialists in neurology, neuropsychology, advanced age psychiatry and geriatrics. Its activities are particularly part of the Alzheimer's Program set up by the canton of Vaud.
The research concerns both physiopathological and cognitive research as well as clinical applications resulting from basic research (for example during therapeutic trials). There is a particular emphasis on translational research, by establishing close links between clinical and basic research. These links indeed promote the emergence of new research directions based on questions raised by unexplained clinical facts or attempts to apply biological or theoretical models to human pathology.
Main missions :
- Directing, organizing and ensuring the development of all the typical activities of a clinical Service in an university hospital
- Ensure and strengthen the expertise and safety of clinical missions/services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies, in particular with the neurology, neuropsychology, psychogeriatrics, geriatrics and radiology Services
- Lead and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by external funds with expertise and published in quality scientific journals, including own research
- Ensure and guarantee pre-graduate (according to FBM needs), postgraduate (ISFM training center) and continuing training missions in its field and collaborate with the disciplines concerned (neurology / neuropsychology, psychogeriatrics and geriatrics), while participating in it
- Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally (cantonal and extra-cantonal partners, EPFL, HUG, etc.)
Desired profile :
- Federal medical degree (or Mebeko equivalent), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialist title (or Mebeko equivalent) in neurology, psychogeriatrics or geriatrics
- Extensive clinical experience in the broad fields of dementia, memory and relevant discipline(s)
- Unifying leadership and widely recognized (or certified) managerial skills in leading a large / multi-site team and relevant experience in project management
- Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre- and postgraduate teaching
- Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by expert external funds
- Good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by November 8th 2020 (23:59 GMT+1) to: wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file
The job description is available on the same link (or QR code).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite