Tower Health/Reading Hospital is seeking a Noninvasive Cardiologist to join our Cardiology Fellowship faculty. This new fellowship will begin in July 2020 and the faculty will be instrumental in the design and development of this new program. The fellowship will host six fellows per year for three years, with a total of 18 fellows.
Tower Health is a regional, integrated healthcare system comprised of seven (7) acute care hospitals in southeastern Pennsylvania that offers leading-edge compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people.
Drexel University College of Medicine and Tower Health have partnered to expand opportunities for medical training in the region. The partnership is will improve patient access to highly-trained, skilled providers, while also addressing projected physician shortages and positively impacting the local community and economy. Tower Health has joined forces with Drexel University to build an additional location for the university's College of Medicine in West Reading, less than one mile from the Reading Hospital campus. This collaboration will bring undergraduate and graduate clinical education and research to a single campus. The new campus will be completed in time for the 2021-2022 academic year. When fully operational, the campus will train 200 medical school students.
Most recently, Tower Health & Drexel University partnered to acquire St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia which adds the much needed Pediatric acute care to the expanding health system. St. Christopher's provides care to more than 100,000 children annually.
A full-time, Board-certified or Board-eligible Cardiologist. Physician with knowledge of, and interest in, General Cardiology to serve as a Non-Invasive Cardiologist with a portion of time dedicated to supporting the fellowship training program. The Non-Invasive Cardiologist position will have 20 % dedicated time to support to the fellowship training program. The Non-Invasive Cardiologist position requires an academic background supportive of an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level with Drexel University College of Medicine. The Non-Invasive Cardiologist position requires a physician with a track record of leadership, research, clinician educator, mentoring, professionalism and role modeling.
The fellowship program focuses on excellence in clinical care and teaching in a collegial atmosphere. The Non-Invasive Cardiologist position will serve as a Cardiology clinical attending and as a fellowship program support Physician.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and assist in the administration and operations of; teaching and scholarly activity; fellow recruitment and selection, evaluation, and promotion of fellows, and disciplinary action; supervision of fellows; fellow education in the context of patient care.
- Support and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the fellows in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Support the quality of didactic, clinical and scholarly education in all sites, to not only meet but, excel at accreditation requirements.
- Facilitate under the direction of the Fellow Program Director the training program consistent with needs of the community, the mission of the program, the hospital and the health system.
- Compliance with the Reading Hospital and Tower Health System policies and procedures on employment and non-discrimination.
- Be familiar with, and comply with, ACGME training and reporting requirements.
- Communicate with Fellowship Program Director, Section Chief, DIO, trainees, faculty, GMEC and ACGME
- Participate in academic societies and in educational programs designed to enhance educational and administrative skills.
- Provide Cardiovascular care across the continuum of the Tower Health Medical Group Cardiology.
Job Requirements: MD or DO; BC Internal Medicine, BC/BE Cardiologist
- Medical Degree from an Accredited School of Medicine
- Pennsylvania State Medical License
- Board-certified/ Board-eligible in Cardiovascular diseases
- Committed to Reading Hospital, Tower Health and the communities served
Apply for Interventional Cardiologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.