Academic Faculty: Internist for Continuity Clinic
ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program seeks Internist to join Southeast Health Internal Medicine Graduate Medical Education faculty. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated physician leader to teach and supervise Internal Medicine interns and residents in the Continuity Clinic during years 1-3 of their training. This clinic serves a diverse patient population spanning all adult age groups, socio-economic classes, and ethnic groups.
- Program consists of 13 residents/year
- Each resident will have 1 half day of continuity clinic when on wards each week. When in research or elective, they will have 2 half days of clinic each week. There is no clinic during ICU, night, or EM rotations.
- Faculty physician to resident ratio is 1:4
- Physician will be responsible for preparing and delivering occasional didactic lectures 10-15 minutes in length on selected topics/diseases
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- No weekend, holiday, or call requirements
- Clinic is located on Southeast Health campus
- Physician must be Internal Medicine residency trained and board-certified in IM
- Ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of experience practicing outpatient IM post-residency
- Enthusiasm for teaching and leading physicians
- Competitive annual compensation with incentive bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, disability, and life insurance, retirement benefit, paid time off, and extended illness benefit
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Commencement/relocation payment on the first day of practice
- CME/dues allowance and educational loan repayment options
- Paid interviewing expenses
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Purvis, Director, Southeast Health Physician Recruitment
office: (334) 793-8145 cell: (334)-797-5090
Apply for Academic Faculty: Internist for Continuity Clinic
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.