Psychiatry Emergency Setting - Salt Lake City, UT - LDS Hospital Access Center
- BC/BE adult psychiatrist is needed in Salt Lake City for emergency setting (Access Center) care to work at LDS Hospital
- Shift work. No post shift call.
- Work in a team-based atmosphere to stabilize patients in crisis with Social Work, Nursing, Pharmacy, Techs, and Discharge planners
- The Access Center serves the following purposes: 1) improving initial access to psychiatric services throughout the region, 2) improving patient navigation to appropriate resources, 3) extending resources where they would otherwise not be available, and 4) alleviating inefficient use of resources in other settings (e.g., extended emergency department stays)
- Management of behavioral health needs within a population has been shown to reduce chronic disease and both medical and psychiatric inpatient hospitalizations
- This service is critical to the success of a population health strategy
- Employment position with the Intermountain Medical Group
- A 501c3 company
- Competitive salary and additional compensation for meeting quality goals. Additional pay for each additional shift worked
- Full Intermountain benefits package
- Signing bonus, student loan repayment, and stipend available
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship is not available
Intermountain Healthcare Information
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it's realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together . Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the seventh consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2019 by Becker's Hospital Review . Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 24 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary care and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour's drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day's drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA's Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
Apply for Psychiatry Emergency Setting - Salt Lake City, UT - LDS Hospital Access Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.