Chair of Medicine – Major New York Teaching Hospital
The Northwell Health System is seeking a Chair of the Department of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital, a major teaching hospital of the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra Northwell. The ideal candidate must be board certified in Internal Medicine, and have a proven academic record, including exceptional leadership skills and a commitment to education, research and clinical excellence.
- Development and implementation of strategic vision focused on quality, efficiency, and growth for the department.
- Overall direction for ACGME accredited training programs in Internal Medicine and multiple subspecialties, including: gastroenterology, geriatrics, hematology/oncology, nephrology, and pulmonary/critical care. Opportunities may be available to develop additional fellowship programs.
- Overall direction for educational program for medical students from CUNY-MED School of Medicine and other affiliated medical schools.
- Oversee development and maintenance of research programs in the department
- Work collaboratively and provide leadership to our team of Voluntary and Medical Group Faculty Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and other staff.
- Oversee activities of multiple subspecialty divisions.
- Develop relationships with community organizations involved in general internal medicine, disease prevention, education, and management.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City. As the City’s 6th largest hospital, occupying two large campuses, plus a number of community-based health centers and labs, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island and the New York metropolitan region.
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, and you can reach Manhattan via ferry, or in less than 30 minutes by car. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, entertainment and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks in part to the generous philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and are training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
For additional information and to apply, please contact Romaine Walton, Physician Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org.