Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist
Summit Medical Group is hiring for a full time Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist to join our team! This role will be based in our New Providence, NJ office but will also work in our Clifton, NJ location approximately 50% of the time. The Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing ambulatory pharmaceutical care services using approved protocols in collaboration with other health professionals, including managing patient drug therapy and providing patient education while promoting high quality, evidence-based, cost-effective pharmaceutical care. Independent thinking and decision-making is required. Performs these duties in the clinical areas assigned. Full pharmacotherapy knowledge.
General Job functions:
- Develops and participates in operational and clinical projects as determined by current departmental needs and ongoing projects.
- Participates in the development and presentation of education to providers and staff via department meetings, newsletters, formal utilization reviews, and one-on-one interactions
- Assures ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care services provided.
- Provides feedback and/or consultation related to technology utilization for documentation of MTM, clinical pharmacy outcomes, or other identified medication related issues
- Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
Other job duties as required.
- Pharm D required.
- PGY-1 Residency required.
- NJ State Board of Pharmacy licensed required.
- Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties Certification: Board Certified Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapeutics Pharmacist required.
- American Pharmaceutical Association MTM Certification preferred.
- New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy Collaborative Practice Agreement required. (If you are hired without NJ CPA, it is a requirement that you obtain the NJCPA within 4 months from the end of your introductory period. Should you not obtain the NJCPA you may be subject to termination of employment ).
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail).
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment required.
- Prior Clinical Pharmacy experience: 2 to 4 years minimum, 5+ years preferred
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.