Physician (Neurology)/Supervisory Physician (Neurology)
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position:Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
May be required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and/or on call as required by the mission.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
This position will be located at William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Department of Medicine Neurology Service, El Paso, TX.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Perform a wide range of medical duties covering all aspects of disorders involving the nervous system.
- Examine patients, order and evaluate the full range of tests to include electrophysiology, radiological, and laboratory tests, makes diagnosis and prescribes appropriate treatments to include drugs or behavioral modalities.
- Provide recommendations or definitive evaluation for neurology problems in the referral region through phone consultation, telemedicine, and authorization and evaluation of air evacuation patients as appropriate.
- Supervisory positions will serve as supervisor over both the Inpatient and Outpatient Programs.
- Supervisory positions will assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Supervisory positions will be responsible for the initiation, supervision, and monitoring of clinical, administrative, educational, and research program development and administration in the service
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Neurology):
• Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
• Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
• Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
• Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Neurology. This required Neurology experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, examination, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders involving Neurology and/or Neuro-behavior.
Apply for Physician (Neurology)/Supervisory Physician (Neurology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.