Physician (Family Practice) / Supervisory Physician (Family Practice)
Incumbent works under the administrative supervision of the Group Practice Manager.
Performs in accordance with policies and guidelines established by supervisor. Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients. Serves as a board certified Family Practice Physician.
Scope of services include, but are not limited to, examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care. Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients.
Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, and Army policy and relevant regulations. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
Coordinates and/or integrates care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient's community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Completes required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
Teaches and provides consultation to other health care providers as assigned. Participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Examine, diagnose, prevent and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care patients.
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults.
- Complete required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
- Teach and provide consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
- Supervisory positions will lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
- Supervisory positions will interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
· Basic Requirements: Degree: MD or DO from a school in the US or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. An MD or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the US may be demonstrated by permanent certification by ECFMG or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the US and graduate education in a foreign country. Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining an MD or DO, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the US or Canada. Listings of accredited programs are published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians. Licensure: For positions involving patient care, candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, DC, Puerto Rico, or a territory of the US. Additional Requirements: In addition to meeting above basic requirements, applicants must have completed 4 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training plus 1 year of appropriate experience. Must be board eligible/certified in Family Practice. Maintains a current unrestricted license to practice medicine. Incumbent must file an annual Statement of Employment and Financial Interests.
Apply for Physician (Family Practice) / Supervisory Physician (Family Practice)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.