MA/PSR (Radiation Oncology)
Essential Job functions:
- Proficiency in Athena EMR, to be trained in ARIA Radiation Oncology EMR
- Assists Physician with patient care, patient flow, procedures and clerical duties.
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Collects payments from patients, provides account balance, and issues receipts. Posts payments to the correct accounts. Opens and closes batches daily as required, prepares bank deposit bags .
- Answer the telephone promptly and deal with callers needs expediously. Takes an accurate message when needed and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Schedules and enters diagnostic tests and procedures into order management system, following all appropriate workflows.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures adequate patient gowns in the patient changing rooms.
- Assists in procedures and/or post-procedure patient monitoring as needed.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines. Accurately labels specimens.
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patients.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Works cooperatively with PCR and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Appropriately reviews and reconciles medication list.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking.
- Confirms future appointments as needed. Reconciles Televox cancellation list.
- Communicates to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Maintains an organized sample closet and discards outdated medication.
- Appropriately enters and links orders.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies. Monitors supply inventory, completes and directs requisitions for supplies, forms, equipment or services.
General Job Functions:
- Verbalizes and demonstrates understanding medical emergency procedure.
- Complies with all SMG regulatory policies, procedures and standards.
- Understands and performs within scope of practice.
- Other duties as required i.e. EKG, Phlebotomy.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers. Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non intact skin, or tissue specimens.
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible.
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED. Bachelor's/ Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a requirement that you achieve certification through SMG's program within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources or Clinical Services, and also advised of your options regarding eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within the company.
- MA/PSR work experience preferred.
- Must obtain BLS within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for MA/PSR (Radiation Oncology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.