Hospice and Palliative Care Physician Opportunity in Greenville, NC
Vidant Medical Group is seeking a Physician with Hospice and Palliative Care experience to join its established Hospice and Palliative Care team in Greenville, NC at Vidant Medical Center. Palliative Care Fellowship preferred.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center
- Serve as lead physician and medical director of the Service League of Greenville Vidant Inpatient Hospice house and Vidant’s home hospice program
- The Service League of Greenville Vidant Inpatient Hospice house is an 8-bed freestanding facility that supports loved ones with family gathering areas, a meditation room, a kitchen facility, and brand new healing garden
- Established team includes: 2 physicians, 7 advanced practice providers, registered nurses, social workers, and chaplains
- Family -friendly location with close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia Beaches
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video – HERE
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: annual administrative stipend, relocation, vacation, sick, & holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, medical, dental & vision, disability & life insurance
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Development of expanded outpatient palliative care services
- Participate in professional and community education and marketing events
- Collaborate with community referring physicians and organizations
- Lead multidisciplinary rounds with home and inpatient team
- Conduct and participate in family meetings
- Perform and document face to face assessments for hospice certification and recertification
- Interface and collaborate with palliative care team who provide clinical care to patients in Vidant’s 24-bed palliative care unit located inside the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Cancer Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary, and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location, and natural resources, combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work, and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking, and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing, and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multispecialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit: www.vidanthealth.com.
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Ashley Rudolph at: (252) 847-1944 or: Ashley.Rudolph@vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements, and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
Apply for Hospice and Palliative Care Physician Opportunity in Greenville, NC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.