ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) offers a unique opportunity for an experienced physician to work in Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences (BIDLS) in the role of Associate Medical Director. We are seeking a highly motivated Physician to prevent and control infectious diseases in Massachusetts. The Associate Medical Director will work in collaboration with, and with guidance from, the BIDLS Medical Director to provide clinical review and expertise in infectious diseases of public health concern. The selected incumbent will be responsible for clinical activities and supporting epidemiologic response for infectious diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities (these are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provide medical oversight and serve as a clinical subject matter expert for the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences in collaboration with, and with guidance from, the Medical Director.
- Oversee clinical activities and advise on epidemiologic matters with guidance from the medical director.
- Provide updates on biomedical and clinical research related to COVID-19.
- Research topics needed to evaluate current procedures and guidance for diagnosis, treatment, and epidemiologic investigation.
- Analyze data and prepare and review reports for internal purposes and publication in professional journals. Write reports and articles for professional journals and textbooks.
- Prepare and deliver medical in-services, grand rounds, and lectures on infectious diseases of public health importance in hospitals, schools, and other institutions.
- Exchange information relative to management of infectious diseases by consulting with other physicians, nurses, and other professionals; by presenting patient cases at staff meetings.
- Infectious disease specialist
- Public health experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Good critical thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
$105,407.38 - $171,601.30 plus excellent state benefits (see below)
State Benefits Package / Total Compensation:
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% State paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 Paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation, and Personal Time
- Tuition benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
More Information and to Apply:
Please apply directly to our career site: