Full Professor, Head of the infectious diseases Service
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Head of the infectious diseases Service
Starting date: Summer 2021 Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Service, made up of more than 85 employees, manages general infectious disease situations on the one hand, and those relating to highly specialized fields, such as infections and complications caused by the human immunodeficiency virus / HIV, those altering the immune defenses (pathogens) or linked to prostheses / implants, etc. Several research groups (biologists and physicians) work in the fields of basic, translational and clinical research. This activity aims to deepen knowledge of infectious diseases, this to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of infections. The service is also very involved in the teaching of microbiology, immunology and infectious diseases intended for students of the FBM of UNIL, as well as physicians in training and health professionals.
1. Manage, organize and ensure the development of all the typical activities of a clinical Service in a university hospital
2. Ensure and strengthen the expertise and security of clinical missions / services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the CHUV's strategic plan
3. Conduct and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by external expert funds and published in quality scientific journals, including one's own research
4. Ensure and guarantee pre-graduate (according to FBM needs), postgraduate (ISFM cat. A1 training center) and continuous training missions, in the field of infectious diseases, while participating in it
5. Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally.
• Medical degree (or equivalent), MD or MD-PhD
• Title of ISFM specialist (or equivalent) in infectious diseases
• Extensive clinical experience in the field of infectious diseases (bacteria, viruses, other pathogens)
• Managerial skills widely recognized (or certified) in leading a large / multi-site team and relevant experiences in project management
• Academic knowledge of professorial rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching
• Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by external expert funds
• Good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, ideal C1) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from du Pr J-F. Tolsa (email@example.com), Chair of the search Committee.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by October 31st, 2020 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link (or QR code).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite