Family Medicine / Sports Medicine - Core Faculty
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Tower Drexel Academic Medical Group is looking for a core faculty member with a CAQ in Sports Medicine to serve as a core faculty member in the Family Medicine residency program and Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship program. The position includes clinical supervision of residents within the full spectrum of Family Medicine including inpatient, outpatient, women's health, and student health. You would also be responsible for teaching and supervising the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellows. The applicant will serve as a team physician of local high schools and colleges and provide sideline coverage for various sports.
This is an ideal opportunity for physicians interested in practicing Family Medicine and Primary Care Sports Medicine. The Family Medicine Residency at Drexel University/Tower Health Family Medicine is fully accredited by the ACGME with 21 categorical residents in the program. The Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship has 2 fellows. Beyond clinical supervision and teaching, Core Faculty Members are also encouraged to participate and mentor residents and fellows in scholarship and research.
Duties would capitalize on your talent and passion in the following capacities:
- Direct and indirect supervisor and instruction of resident and fellow physicians in the out-patient office, hospital services and sports medicine office
- Direct patient care
- Call while staffing the Family Medicine hospital service
- Advising resident physicians
- Delivering didactic lectures, workshops and informal educational presentations
- Curricular and programmatic oversight
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound guided procedures
- College and High School sideline coverage
- A variety of administrative duties
To be successful in this position, you'll need to have the following:
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Pennsylvania or able to be licensed in PA and in good standing with the licensed Medical Board
- Achieve and maintain Hospital medical staff membership and clinical privileges
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- A Licensed MD or DO in Family Medicine in the State of Pennsylvania and is board certified and a CAQ in Sports Medicine
- Controlled substance license with current DEA number
- Eligible or currently credentialed with insurance companies and hospital affiliation
- Eligible or currently possess NPI number
- In-patient Family Medicine experience is optional
Apply for Family Medicine / Sports Medicine - Core Faculty
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.