Medical Director, PROUD Family Health
RWJBarnabas Health is seeking a Primary Care Medical Director for the PROUD Center in NJ
RWJBarnabas Health and RWJ University Hospital Somerset are seeking a full-time Primary Care physician to lead as the new Medical Director of the RWJUH Somerset Babs Siperstein PROUD Center (PROUD Center) in Somerville, NJ. Physicians with experience working with the LGBT community and who are comfortable with PrEP counseling and training are preferred. With a new designated LGBT health center located adjacent to RWJUH Somerset, this role allows for a tremendous amount of development both at the hospital and in the surrounding city. This role also has specific potential for system-wide growth and future leadership opportunities.
As the largest integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey, RWJBarnabas Health offers competitive compensation and a robust benefits package including health, life, disability and malpractice insurance, 401k/retirement, plus PTO and added time off for CME.
Successful candidates must be:
- ABFM board certified or ABIM/ABP board certified (knowledge or specialized training in endocrinology preferred)
- Licensed in NJ or eligible for NJ licensure
- Team oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced working with and strong understanding of the needs of LGBT patients
- Experienced with and strong understanding of the needs of transgender patients including but not limited to behavioral health, hormone replacement therapies and gender reassignment surgeries
- Able to demonstrate appreciation and knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Willing and excited to pioneer a new vision
More about the Position:
- Equipped with robust support staff including an APN, R and Patient Navigator.
- Opportunity to help develop and create one of the only primary care programs available to the LGBT community in New Jersey
- Ability to impact patients with a multitude of different needs including but not limited to patients facing hormone replacement therapies and gender reassignment surgeries
Located in Central New Jersey, this role surrounds beautiful suburban towns and allows for easy access to New York City, Philadelphia, and the famous Jersey Shore!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please directly contact Najaah Harmon (she/her/hers), Physician Recruiter at RWJBarnabas Health directly via e-mail: Najaah.Harmon@RWJBH.org or phone: 862.240.2907. Thank you!
About Babs Siperstein PROUD Center (PROUD Center):
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset is the first hospital in New Jersey to offer specialized primary care services for the LGBT community at PROUD Center. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment where you can get the medical care you need at all stages of your life.
PROUD Family Health opened in January 2017 as part of Somerset Family Practice on the RWJUH Somerset campus. The goal was to provide health services to the LGBTQIA community in an evidence-based, culturally-competent manner.
Over the first 2 years, there has been an exciting growth of PROUD Family Health, with patient volumes expanding rapidly. To continue to meet the needs of our patients, PROUD Family Health moved in January 2019 to a new space. In October 2019, the center was renamed to Babs Siperstein PROUD Center in honor of Babs Siperstein who helped RWJUH Somerset start the center. The office is open 5 days a week with day and evening hours.
PROUD Center is located on the campus of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset, offering patients access to our comprehensive health care services such as laboratory, radiology, cardiology, emergency, oncology, eating disorders, behavioral health and rehabilitative services, and an on-site Walgreen’s pharmacy.
About RWJBarnabas Health
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital, a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and four accountable care organizations. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for its outstanding quality and safety.”