Family Medicine Residency Program Director - Drexel
The Drexel University College of Medicine/ Tower Health Family Medicine Residency program was established after the closure of Hahnemann University Hospital in 2019. The program has moved in its entirety and is now functioning within the hospital network of Tower Health. We continue the program's legacy, well-known for academics, teaching and clinical excellence as part of Drexel University College of Medicine.
In addition to the standard duties of resident education/supervision, direct patient care and health system, administrative and citizenship requirements, additional Program Director responsibilities include:
- The program director must administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to
educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Oversee all resident recruitment activities including establishing application standards,reviewing application files, interviewing residency candidates and coordinating the "Match" ranking process.
- Maintain ACGME/AOA Accreditation standards and ensure full residency accreditationincluding the preparation and submission all information required and requested by the ACGME.
- Represent the residency program(s) at internal and external residency administrative
- Ensure resident compliance with all educational/certification requirements and professional
standards administering disciplinary actions as appropriate based on established institutional
protocols. Comply with the sponsoring institution's written policies and procedures, including
those specified in the Institutional Requirements, for selection, evaluation and promotion of
residents, disciplinary action, and supervision of residents.
- Approve the selection of program faculty as appropriate, evaluate program faculty and approve
the continued participation of program faculty based on evaluation.
- Monitor resident supervision at all participating sites.
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education.
- Implement policies and procedures consistent with the ACGME institutional and program
requirements for resident duty hours and the working environment.
- Communicate significant changes to the program or program citations with the sponsoring
institution's GMEC/DIO before submitting information or requests to the ACGME.
- Provide verification of residency education for all residents, including those who leave the
program prior to completion.
What We Offer:
- 28 days ETO / 6 Holidays / Income Protection Time
- Relocation Assistance
- Physician Incentive Program
- CME Allowance and Stipend
- 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement and Savings Plans
- Spousal Job Search Support
- Opportunity to live in various settings, including suburban Philadelphia
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience
- Licensed or be eligible for an unrestricted license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board certified in Family Medicine
Apply for Family Medicine Residency Program Director - Drexel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.