MEDICAL DIRECTOR of INFECTIOUS DISEASE
Exciting Leadership Opportunity for a Medical Director of Infectious Disease
Northeast Florida’s largest and most preferred health system is seeking a MEDICAL DIRECTOR of INFECTIOUS DISEASE to further develop and effectively lead an established, integral component of the region’s most robust clinically integrated network.
The successful candidate will possess leadership experience in a dynamic, multi-site environment, and demonstrate a history of accountability and success in designing infectious disease clinical programs, guiding quality, optimizing protocols, achieving targeted outcomes, and driving a patient-centered culture across matrixed systems. In addition to clinical responsibilities and via collaboration with senior administrative and medical leadership, the Medical Director of Infectious Disease will ensure provision of quality services through effective evaluation, development, implementation, and supervision of delivery models, practices, and protocols.
- Board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease
- Demonstrated leadership experience with evidence of success in programmatic design, development, performance, and growth
- Ability to obtain an active and unrestricted FL license
- Experience and credibility with thought leaders across clinical and industry settings
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform oversight of clinical and programmatic design and direction
- Lead quality initiatives and drive desired outcomes
- Develop and optimize clinical practices, protocols, policies, and procedures
- Supervise physician and provider teams
- Ensure regulatory and accreditation compliance
- Enhance and maximize collaboration between clinical teams in both inpatient and outpatient environments
- Build a culture of respect, trust, and professionalism among medical staff of the service
- Attract, recruit, and develop qualified physician talent
The Strength of Our System
Baptist Infectious Disease is affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality, and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including a distinguished pathology team and more than 250 inpatient and outpatient primary care physicians at the core of the health system. With five nationally recognized hospitals and clinical teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure, and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.
World Famous Quality of Life
- Northeast Florida serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, bolstered by no state income tax
- Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
- The area is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, multiple professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, and diverse cultural experiences including world-class art and museums
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment, and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
Apply for MEDICAL DIRECTOR of INFECTIOUS DISEASE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.