We're an Army hospital located in Fort Riley, Kansas. An active duty Army instillation in Manhattan, Kansas - home to Kansas State University! We serve a population of nearly 50,000 active duty Soldiers, family members and retirees in the community. Irwin Army Community Hospital is located in Fort Riley, Kansas which is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of the Midwest. We are nestled between Junction City (pop.17,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000). The local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you'll find unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore! Enjoy BigXII college sports and entertainment at Kansas State University in Manhattan; as well as a thriving night life and culinary experience. Experience travel simplified at the Manhattan Regional Airport. For international travel, Kansas City International Airport is only two hours away.
Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) is in need of Physician - Obstetrics and Gynecology. This provider will manage, on average, 75 births and 2150 total clinic encounters per month. Duties will include but are not limited to: Care for newborns in the initial neonatal period. Provide for medical consultation or referral for those women or newborns with significant deviations from normal. Provides individual, family, and group education about obstetrical processes, associated disease states and diagnostic tests. Counsels patients and their families on prevention of illness and maintenance of health in an effort to assist them in attaining physical, mental and social well being. Completes routine obstetrical and maternal diagnostic testing, i.e. NST, BPP, CRL and AFI. Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings in order to make a clinical diagnosis regarding physical, emotional or social disabilities. Provides in-house assigned coverage for labor and delivery to include admission, management, delivery and emergency care for obstetric patients.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
Apply for Physician (Obstetrics/Gynecology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.