Psychiatry Residency Program Director Opportunity with BayCare Medical Group
BayCare Medical Group (BMG), a physician-led medical group, is seeking to employ a Psychiatry Program Director. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and become the founding Psychiatry Residency Program Director for one of the first BayCare Health System-sponsored residency programs based in Lutz, Florida.
We are seeking an experienced leader to design a curriculum that will challenge as well as support its trainees. The program director will be provided with the salary support required for the non-clinical time necessary to administer the program.
- Serve as a role model of professionalism
- Design a psychiatry program consistent with the needs of the community, the mission of BayCare, and the mission of the program
- Administer and maintain a learning environment conductive to educating the residents to each of the ACGME Competencies
- Build relationships with members of the medical staff and multidisciplinary teams to create an environment where respectful discussion is welcome
- Participate in clinical activity to role model the core competencies for the faculty and residents
The Psychiatry residency program director will be welcomed and supported by a very experienced Behavioral Health and GME leadership team. There is also a multidisciplinary team of experienced psychiatrists, social workers, registered nurses, case managers and mental health technicians anxious to become part of a new teaching program.
BayCare Behavioral Health offers the largest, full-service community-based health care to the communities it serves. The Psychiatry residency program will be based at the Morton Plant North Bay Recovery Center, an expansion of Morton Plant North Bay Hospital and BayCare Behavioral Health services, located on a picturesque, tranquil 6.5 acres in Lutz, with easy access to all major highways and the Tampa International Airport.
The North Bay Recovery Center is a 72-bed, co-ed facility and is the only free-standing psychiatric hospital in Pasco County and is a Baker Act-receiving facility. There is a Children’s Treatment Center offering both outpatient and a secure inpatient residential program for youth between the ages of 6-18 who require more intensive treatment, structure and supervision than can be offered in an outpatient or community-based residential setting.
- At least 3 years of documented educational and/or administrative experience
- Current certification in Psychiatry by the ABPN or AOBNP
- Current medical licensure in the state of Florida or eligible for licensure
- Eligible for an appropriate medical staff appointment
BayCare Health System is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization with a network comprised of 15 hospitals. For the second year in a row, IBM Watson Health lists BayCare in the top 20% of large health systems in the country. Locally and nationally recognized as a 2019-2020 Great Place to Work® and Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
Contact Information: Kris Andrews | Kris.Andrews@baycare.org | (863) 297-1764
Apply for Psychiatry Residency Program Director Opportunity with BayCare Medical Group
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.