IU Health Physicians - Neurosurgeon (Ball Memorial Hospital)
With a unique partnership with one of the nation's leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Join an established office with an existing patient panel, conveniently located in the outpatient medical pavilion attached to the hospital with all imaging and OR facilities accessible
- Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Call; 1:3
- Level 3 trauma team providing inpatient and outpatient spine and brain surgery
- Elective spine practice as well as caring for trauma and brain cases
- Fellowship training in Neurosurgery, required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Neurosurgery
- Visa sponsorship available; H-1B or J-1
- We offer a strong compensation model with sign on bonus, loan repayment and production bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Muncie, Indiana offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, culture and family-friendly recreation. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University
- Museum of Art, Planetarium and Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine
- Prairie Creek Reservoir offers boating, fishing and camping
- Family friendly outdoor music and food festivals along with sports and recreation
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities
- Quick drive to Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation's largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana's only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as alevel 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain "Baby-Friendly" designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Apply for IU Health Physicians - Neurosurgeon (Ball Memorial Hospital)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.