Novant Health Pediatric Neurology
Novant Health Pediatric Neurology is seeking a caring and compassionate General Pediatric Neurologist to join our rapidly growing pediatric specialty team. This position is located in Charlotte, NC with satellite locations in the south and north market of Mecklenburg County.
This full-time position will involve seeing general neurology as well as epilepsy patients as part of a pediatric neurology practice. This physician will act as lead for the outpatient and inpatient pediatric neurologists working closely with the clinic administrator to achieve system goals.
- Novant Health Pediatric Neurology is primarily outpatient with hospitalist duties for Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital, and is part of large pediatric multispecialty system with an excellent built in referral base
- The practice has several locations in the south and north market of Mecklenburg County, centrally located in Charlotte, NC
- The physician will help to rotate coverage for the pediatric inpatient floor, PICU, NICU, and pediatric emergency department for one-week rotations with four other neurologists
- Along with the NH Adult Neurology and Sleep service line, NH Pediatric Neurology is associated with an NAEC level IV epilepsy center offering adult and pediatric epilepsy monitoring
- The physician will participate in EEG reading for the outpatient pediatric EEG lab and the hospital system
The responsibilities of the leadership team will include creating and sustaining aligned clinic culture, reducing unwarranted clinical variation, financial planning, oversight of day to day clinic operations, and driving strategic change. Lead clinicians will also serve as the connection point for bidirectional communication between clinic providers and medical group leadership. In partnership with clinic administrators, lead clinicians are responsible for:
- Helping develop a common vision and purpose for the clinic that supports community needs and Novant Health’s mission, vision and values
- Partnering with medical group leadership to develop positive office culture
- Understanding and communicating concepts necessary for the operational success of the clinic including quality care, safety, accessibility, financial responsibility, and customer service
- Serving as an effective role model and transformational leader
- Providing leadership in teamwork development and provider wellness
- Overseeing efficient operation of patient care in the office
- Sharing accountability with the clinic administrator to achieve the financial and budgetary goals of the clinic
- Counseling individual providers on issues such as In Basket management, coding, clinical quality, behavior, attendance, and patient complaints
Apply for Novant Health Pediatric Neurology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.