Health Economist Researcher
IQuESt (a collaborative center of health services research between the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine) is seeking a Health Economist Researcher to join a grant-supported, multidisciplinary research team that is nationally recognized for work in patient safety, behavioral health, quality improvement, implementation science, and population health.
Salary will be dependent upon qualifications.
Visit our website: http://www.houston.hsrd.research.va.gov
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop program objectives, strategies, and study methods on health care
- Design and execute research studies to guide effective use of information and resources
- Lead and direct plans to calculate various costs related to health care
- Utilize research programs on health economic topics
- Suggest new health outcomes for treatment and prevention of health issues
- Evaluate current and proposed strategies and interpret findings
- Communicate economic assessment results to appropriate internal audiences
- Perform economic analysis and model plans for health-care programs
- Communicate and distribute academic literature, presentations and reports on research findings to update about new issues, solutions, and other topics
- Provide lectures or educational sessions to educate about health economics
A health economist should possess minimum qualifications in order to qualify for such a position. PhD required in health economics, health policy, or the related branch of study with two years of work experience.
- Knowledge of the health-care industry and U.S. health system
- Good understanding of the subject of economics and international relations
- Right balance of mathematical and analytical aptitude to comprehend the economic aspects thoroughly
- Excellent research skills and ability to analyze findings to make appropriate use
- Clear understanding of the country’s health economy
- Abreast with the national economic policies and its impact on the health-care sector
- Understand and apply mathematical concepts
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong orientation to team work
- Experience in successful implementation of plans and achievement of objectives
- Ability to think analytically and strategically
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in both written and spoken English.
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Ms. Shannon Kenyon, Chief of Operations
IQuESt 2450 Holcombe Blvd, Suite 01Y
Houston, TX 77021
Please reference “Health Economist” in subject line.