Novant Health is looking for compassionate, caring Intensivists to join our high functioning, efficient and impactful Tele-ICU program, and we would love to speak with you about our opportunities.
#NovantHealthMedicalGroup is seeking Board Certified / Board Eligible Critical Care Medicine or Surgical Critical Care Medicine physicians.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly growing healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth?
Come join our team!
You will provide remote monitoring of ICU patients and management of their care by specialty-trained clinicians to manage the care of patients in multiple distant units to increase patient acuity in community hospitals throughout North Carolina. The tele-ICU team will act in a supportive role to physicians and nurses at the bedside in our facilities. The tele-intensivist must work on-site with a mixture of day/night coverage at one of our 2 Tele ICU locations (Monroe or near the Winston Salem, North Carolina area) for 24 hour/7 day coverage.
At Novant Health, our team of hospital based physicians includes more than 100 hospitalists available to follow patients from admission — whether it is a direct admit or through the ER — all the way through to discharge and back home.
Our service line includes board-certified experts:
- Hospital Medicine
- Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine
- Palliative Care and Hospice
Members of our team are:
- Physician liaisons, championing education, and training initiatives
- Participating and leading various quality and safety committees for an individual hospital or the health system
- Change agents, identifying and leading process improvement efforts
- Administrative partners with hospital and medical staff leaders to help facilitate organizational change
Novant Health offers:
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list
- Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018
- For more information, please visit our website at NovantHealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required
- Prior Tele-ICU and Neuro-ICU experience preferred, not mandatory
- Current ACLS certification
- Provide high-level skill in decision-making, systems thinking, computer literacy including two-way remote communicating on camera
- Provide continuous, real-time audio, video, and electronic reports of vital signs connected to the command center - up to 120 bedside cameras
- Requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual skill as well as the ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods
- Evaluate and treat new adult admissions and intervene to prevent further deterioration
- Use ICU quality metrics data from appropriate monitoring devices to titrate therapy in the ICU
- Institute best practices and respond to patient alarms and alerts
- Proactively communicate changes in patient status to the appropriate physician(s) and effectively communicate with members of the bed side ICU team in a collegial manner to provide safe and error-free care during routine care and emergent conditions
- Participate in educational programs designated for the critical care unit personnel including medical staff
- Participate in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care as requested by the director or designee
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm"
Apply for Inpatient Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.