Fellowship Director of Geriatrics
Tower Health is an innovative, leading health system dedicated to advancing the health and transforming the lives of the people we serve through compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screening and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.
Across our system, you'll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 25 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 3,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
A full-time, Board-certified Geriatric Medicine Physician to serve as the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program Director. The Program Director will have 50% dedicated time to administer to the fellowship training program. The Program Director position requires an academic background supportive of an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level with Drexel University College of Medicine. The Program Director requires a physician with a track record of leadership, research, clinician educator, mentoring professionalism and role modeling. The Program Director needs to have a background in geriatric medicine. The fellowship program focuses on excellence in clinical care and teaching in a collegial atmosphere. The Program Director will serve as a geriatric medicine clinical attending and as the geriatric medicine fellowship program director.
- Authority and accountability for administration and operations; teaching and scholarly activity; fellow recruitment and selection, evaluation, and promotion of fellows, and disciplinary action; supervision of fellows; fellow education in the context of patient care; provide approval, oversight and removal of program faculty
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the fellows in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic, clinical and scholarly education in all sites, to not only meet but, excel at accreditation requirements
- Design and conduct the training program consistent with needs of the community, the mission of the program, the hospital and the health system
- Foster and conduct research activity
- Compliance with the Reading Hospital and Tower Health System policies and procedures on employment and non-discrimination
- Be familiar with, and comply with, ACGME training and reporting requirements
- Communicate with Section Chief, DIO, trainees, faculty, GMEC and ACGME
- Participate in academic societies and in educational programs designed to enhance educational and administrative skills
- Provide geriatric care in both inpatient and outpatient settings
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- Generous CME Allowance and Time
- Top-Tier retirement programs
- Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Contact Name: Robert Cross
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 484-628-8551 Call or Text
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Pennsylvania state license or eligible to obtain license prior to start.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, fellowship trained
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in active faculty member role in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency or geriatric medicine fellowship
Apply for Fellowship Director of Geriatrics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.