Supervisory Physician (Obstetrics)/Physician (Obstetrics)
This position will be located at William Beaumount Army Medical Center, Fort Bliss, TX.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
As a Physician (Obstetrics), you will:
- Serve as an expert and consultant in Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN) in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Evaluate functional and dysfunctional problems related to the female pelvis to include massess, pain, urological complaints, and bleeding abnormalities.
- Evaluate both laboratory and clinical findings and provides appropriate treatment and follow-up care for patients.
As a Supervisory Physician (Obstetrics), you will:
- Interviews candidates for subordinate positions; recommends hiring, promotions, or reassignments.
- Utilizes and performs screening and diagnostic modalities for OB/GYN malignancies (biopsies and colposcopy).
- Collaborates with specialists in other areas on interrelated problems.
- Guides, instructs, and trains residents, interns, medical students, and other professional personnel.
US Citizenship required
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Apply for Supervisory Physician (Obstetrics)/Physician (Obstetrics)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.